I am SO excited to be back to blogging! I have taken the last couple of months off from blogging because we are expecting our third baby! We are over the moon excited and a little anxious, as we will now be officially outnumbered. I have been extremely sick this pregnancy, even more than with the girls. I was feeling really good until about 8 weeks and then it hit me hard. This wasn’t just morning sickness, it was feeling miserable all day– the worse time being at night. I was thankful for the worse being at night as I also work full-time as a teacher.
Right around 14 weeks I started to notice a little bit of change but the weeks before I had a hard time finding foods that I could stomach and just felt so tired all the time. I would have a really hard time because when I did find something that I could stomach, it would then make me completely nauseous the next day just thinking about eating it again.
There were a couple things I found to help me in the weeks that I felt sick that I thought I would share for any mamas out there going through the first-trimester:
- A drop of peppermint oil in my water or the Young Living lip gloss that also has peppermint oil in it. When I was feeling on the verge of losing what I just ate I would apply the lip gloss and it would help curb the feeling of getting sick. (I sell Young Living if you are interested in these items, shoot me an email at Samantha@hellotinylove.com)
- Keeping something in my stomach even when I didn’t feel like eat. Snack items such as nuts, Kind bars, yogurt, cheese sticks, and honestly anything that sounded remotely okay I would eat. It was when my stomach was empty when I would feel the worse.
- Soda water, sprite, or ginger ale. Just bubbles from soda would help my upset stomach.
- Saltine crackers
- These preggie pops actually work okay. I would keep some at work and home. It helped at times when I just had a terrible taste in my mouth or having issues with acid.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. I read somewhere online that vinegar actually helps with morning sickness but the weeks it was terrible there was no way I could even smell vinegar without wanting to get sick. So instead I ate pickles and honestly it worked. When I hit about 13 weeks, I started just mixing ACV with hot water, honey and a drop of lemon essential oil and not only did it help with my nights of feeling awful but also with my terrible acid that I was having.
- Sea Bands – I had some of these from past cruises we have taken and I actually would wear this all day. Call me crazy, but it did help! (thanks to the mama who commented below and reminded me of this!)I have to be honest though, all of these suggestions would kind of help but overall it just took getting through my first trimester. I woke up on the first day of being 14 weeks and noticed an immediate difference. Even still at 17 weeks, I still am not back to myself like I was when I was pregnant with the girls by now, but I will say that everyday gets just a little bit better. SO if you are going through the worse of it right now, just know that it should get better soon. I wish I would have had someone to tell me this when I was in the thick of it, but hopefully this can encourage an expecting mama that is feeling like it’s never going to end.
Since I just hit 17 weeks yesterday, (I know my board says 16-I’m a little behind) but I thought it would be fun to start sharing a weekly bump update! I find it fun to see similarities and differences in pregnancy of other mamas who are also expecting.
Due Date: April 25th
How far along: 17 weeks
Size of baby: 5.1 inches and 5.9 ounces, current status is the size of a turnip
Total weight gain: 5lbs – I lost a little from being so sick.
Stretch marks: yes, same ones from my last two pregnancies!
Sleep: Sleeping 8 hours a night.
Best moment of the week: When Adelyn asked me how the baby was going to get out…
Miss anything: my pants fitting
Movement: not yet..maybe. I think when I lay down at night I can feel the baby but I’m not sure if it’s the baby or gas.
Food cravings: BLTs and Special K cereal.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Taking my multi-vitamins, anything too sweet, some smells will still catch me off guard like the fridge, and the granola cereal that I was eating like 5 bowls a day before I got pregnant!
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I feel like I’ve popped in the last week or so!
Gender: We find out in December!
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out: in
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! But I think my hubby might say different at times…
Looking forward to: All the holidays coming up and finding out the gender!